Natural home care products are typically made with inexpensive ingredients and are very easy to make. Some of these products include window cleaner, furniture polish, laundry and dishwasher detergent, and more. These products are excellent cleaners, sometimes more effective than harsher chemical versions. They are also eco-friendly and gentler on the environment than store brand chemical cleaners. Most are non-toxic and safer to use than chemical products. When cleaning, you should still wear rubber gloves for your protection.
Cleaning the Home
The top ingredients for cleaning naturally:
· Baking soda . Used to clean, deodorize and scrub surfaces. It rinses well and is non-toxic.
· Borax . Used to clean, deodorize, and disinfect. Can be used on painted surfaces.
· Citric Acid . Used for de-scaling shower heads, faucets, and more. Use with care.
· Cornstarch . Used to clean windows and carpets and polish furniture. Non-toxic.
· Essential Oils . Some oils disinfect, kill bacteria, freshen, and even repel pests.
· Lemon Juice . Kills bacteria, cuts grease, deodorizes, and freshens. Non-toxic.
· Hydrogen Peroxide . Natural bleaching, disinfects, removes stains, and is non-toxic.
· Isopropyl Alcohol . Disinfects. Use with care.
· Soap . Used to clean almost anything. Non toxic.
· Washing soda . Cuts grease, removes stains, and cleans bathroom and kitchen surfaces. Use with care.
· White vinegar . Cuts grease, sanitizes, deodorizes, and removes stains and mildew. Non-toxic.
Homemade cleaning recipes to follow.